Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wessen Oil Cake

Yep! This week it's a dessert! This is the moistest cake I've EVER eaten. I don't like the taste of baking soda so I just leave it out and it still works great. I did think, however, that I should put this down in it's original recipe. This cake is good with just powdered sugar on top, but if you're really in the chocolate mood I've also put the yummiest frosting recipe on here too. Enjoy!

Cake Indredients:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
4 Tbsp. cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup Oil
2 Cups Hot water

Method: Stir dry ingredients. Add the remaining. Mix well. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

Frosting: In a saucepan combine 4 Tbsp. Butter, 1 1/2 Tbsp. cocoa, and 3 tablespoons milk. Mix together until the butter is melted. Remove from heat and add powdered sugar until it reaches the consistency you want...about 3 cups. Frost on top of the cake.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'll have to try that soon! It sounds so yum and moist!

Erin said...

Oh I am going to the store today! I have to have it NOW!!!!:) Thanks for sharing!

Darcysmad said...

I know...totally worth it when you get in that womanly mood and need lots of chocolate!