Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just keep swimming.

So it's been two weeks since I did my last post, well almost. I've been a little discouraged, even though I've told myself not to be. Last week I was so sick I wanted to bury myself in the backyard so I haven't exactly eaten as well as I would have liked to.

But Ry and I bought a new elliptical a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I have to admit, I had rose colored glasses on thinking it would be so easy to do while I watched tv...you know, sitting on the couch or doing the elliptical. Easy, right. Well that part is easy, it's the huffing and puffing and wanting to die while I'm counting down the minutes part that I didn't consider. But it IS paying off as I have lost 10 pounds in the last two weeks.

I don't want to get too excited, especially right now because it's fairly easy for me to lose and gain ten pounds. When I get to 20, then I'll know I'm on the right track. I do have to say, I'm pretty proud of Ry and I for yesterday though. We went grocery shopping and now there are plenty of things to keep me on track. I do feel like I look better, and all around I'm in a happier mood. I think that's because now I really do feel like I'm committed to this. So in the words of the great philosopher Dory the fish I will "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming."

2 comments:

Debbie Burns said...

What to go, Darcy! 10lbs is a huge accomplishment! Keep it up and you'll see that 20 in no time. :)

Erin said...

I know how you feel. It is so hard to loose weight. I am proud of you! Keep up the hard work!