Sunday, December 14, 2008

Date Night.

First of all I want to say that I'm so upset with myself for not taking the camera with me. I meant to, but naturally I forgot it.
So I found out a week ago that Ryan was planning this date for last Friday. He called his mother on his own accord and asked her to watch the kids for the night. I overheard the conversation and he told me that he was planning a date night. He told me that the details were a surprise and so I laid in wait excited that he had taken the initiative to plan for us to go on a date.
When I dropped the kids off on Friday he was waiting at his mother's house where he had my new diamond ring. For those of you who don't know my ring fell off in January while I was at the office and I have not been able to find it since. Sniff, sniff. Ryan and I bought a new ring the day after Thanksgiving and got it for a ridiculously good deal.
The reason that this was so special was because it was five years to the day that he proposed while we were at his mom's house. I know, right!!! Sigh. He then took me to our favorite place to eat out....Cafe Rio. After that we were off to the Grizzly Hockey Game. It was seriously one of the best nights of my life! I could not believe that my husband was so thoughtful and that he actually did it all on his own! I love him so much and am so grateful that he took the time to tell me how special I was. Thanks babe!

5 comments:

Nic said...

Congrats Darcy! I can't wait to see it on your finger, cause I don't remember if I did the first time!

Love,

Nicole

Jen said...

That's so awesome. Way to go, Ryan!

Debbie Burns said...

Yay! That is wonderful! Sounds like a fabulous night out with the hubby... and kudos to Ryan for remembering the engagement anniversary to the day!

jess said...

It's so nice when husbands give us surprises like that! How romantic! You're lucky!

Erin said...

I love that! I am so happy for you! I guess sometimes our men can surprise us:)