Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Adventures

My life is kind of in limbo right now. The big plan is that I want to be able to go back to school and quit my job to be at home with my kids. But that can't happen for at least another 6 months. So what can I do to keep me occupied in the meantime? Well, I don't know whether or not you've seen Julie and Julia, but that was such an inspirational movie to me. I LOVE to cook. It's very relaxing and very satisfying to make something that tastes yummy.

I've wanted for a while to get more techniques down and learn more about food and cooking. I'm also in a kind of rut as far as making the same things every night. But who has the money for culinary school? Plus, it's not something I want to make a career out of simply because it takes me away from my family too much. So, anyway, back to my point. :)

I decided that I'm going to go get a fancy cook book and make one meal out of it a week. I can't do the daily thing like she did on Julie and Julia simply because I can't afford it and I don't have the time. And my first assignment? To make something for Valentine's evening. I will let you guys know what cook book I decide on when I get it and I'll post a picture. I'm a little nervous, simply because I don't really like seafood, but I'm willing to try just about anything. I can't guarantee I'll be able to continue this when I finally go back to school, but I thought it would be a fun thing to try until school starts. Just to mix things up a bit.

2 comments:

Debbie Burns said...

Darcy this sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear about each of your experiences!

S said...

That sounds fun! I'm excited to see your posts!
~Stacee