Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Decor


I decided this year to try to put some things up above on my ledge. My good friend Amy does this and I think it looks sooo good! I'm hoping maybe to get some Christmas stuff up there too.

I love my new tree. They've had them at Hobby Lobby for the last couple years and I've always been attracted to them, but never knew what I would do with them. When I decided to put stuff up on my ledge, it clicked and I was so happy they still had them this year.




I've been wanting one of these lanterns for such a long time and thought it would be perfect to use for Halloween. I will probably put in my kitchen somewhere afterwards, because for me, I want it out all year long. Unlike so many wonderful people I admire, I'm not really that great of a bargain shopper. I really wish I was so that I could save more money, but it's definitely something I struggle with. I think I'm getting better, but this was something I should have waited to go on sale. I didn't.
I really LOVE my floral arrangement. It was another idea I got from my wonderful friend Amy. I realize it may not be everyone's taste, but it seriously makes me sooo happy!This is actually not my favorite area of decoration this year. I haven't been the happiest with it, but I don't have anything else to put there. However, when I took this picture, I was amazed at how gorgeous the colors turned out together. It seriously doesn't look this great to me in person. I love the challenge of moving things around every year and not having things look exactly the same as they did the year before. It's so much fun to decorate, I LOVE it.

2 comments:

S said...

I'm loving all of your posts! I really like the Halloween floral arrangement, it looks cool!
~Stacee

Debbie Burns said...

Cute!